This is highly cost-effective way to connect two SFP/SFP+ devices (for example two units of CCR1036-8G-2S+) for very short distances, within racks and across adjacent racks.
They provide a low cost, low power and low latency interconnect solution for 10-Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel and other industry standards, and are direct attached compliant and fully conform to the SFP+ MSA specifications.
• lower cost than SFP+ optical transceiver and active optical cable (AOC)
• Support for multi-gigabit data rates up to 10.5Gbps
• Support for 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x Fibre Channel data rates
• Hot-pluggable SFP 20PIN footprint
• I/O Connector designed for high speed differential signal applications
• Improved Pluggable Form Factor (IPF) compliant for enhanced EMI/EMC performance
• Single 3.3V power supply
• Compatible to SFP+ MSA
• Operating temperature range: 0 to 70°C
• RoHS Compliant and Lead-Free